Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News

Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News
Click Here for the New Website
.

.

July 31, 2009

Last Day on the Radio for Wendy Williams... For now

Wendy Williams will broadcast her last show of "The Wendy Williams Experience" on 107.5 WBLS today to concentrate her efforts on her TV show. You can catch the last radio show on line from 2-6p.m EDT.

I first heard Wendy, while visiting New York City in the late 80's. I was flipping channels from WBLS, Hot 97, and 98.7 Kiss FM. I was hoping to catch Frankie Crocker or Fred Buggs on the radio, no Frankie or Bugsy but it was cool listening to Vaughn Harper. Then I just happened across the lady down the dial, who was just bringing Hip Hop gossip and dirt on the radio. It was just straight up raw. My first thoughts were 'who's this women sounding like the Black version of Howard Stern'; 'you can't say words like that on the radio.' I was just shocked by the things she was saying. I loved it! I've been a fan of Wendy ever since. I'll always miss Wendy's early cutting edge and wild days on the radio.

For some reason, I do believe one day Wendy Williams will return to her first love, radio.

1 comment:

  1. WISHING WENDY INFINITE HEALTH AND WEALTH

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments to this post. You may comment anonymously.

Comments with links to other websites and with inappropriate language will not be published.



Please share this story on your social media pages. Thank you.


Click on Enter Comment to begin.

.
.
.


Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.

© 2023 UrbanRadioNation.com, All Rights Reserved

. Powered by Blogger.

Favorite Post Archives