Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News

Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News
Click Here for the New Website
.

.

September 2, 2008

Charlamagne Blogs on Barack Obama

Charlamagne, better known as the co-host on the Wendy Williams Experience gives his thoughts on "The Magic of Barack Obama..."

I have never witnessed history firsthand. I've read about countless historical moments and realized the effects these moments had on my present and will have on my future. To actually witness and feel the energy of Barack Obama accepting the Democratic Presidential Nomination is almost surreal. Barack Obama, the man and his message are bigger than government, bigger than race, bigger than religion, and bigger than hip hop. What he represents is a New America. The America that MLK talked about when he said he hopes to see a time when a man is judged by the content of his character and not the color of there skin. When I say the color of their skin I don't mean just black because the majority of the time we as black people tend to judge white people before we even get to know them. We label them as devils and being against us before we see what their true character is. I am past that stage of my life. I don't see Black, White, Latino, Jewish or Italian. I see good or evil, right or wrong, period. If I was hung up on stereotypes and prejudice I would have missed out on getting to know some of the best people I have ever met in my life! People that have assisted in my growth as a man on this planet. Read More >>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments to this post. You may comment anonymously.

Comments with links to other websites and with inappropriate language will not be published.



Please share this story on your social media pages. Thank you.


Click on Enter Comment to begin.

.
.
.


Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.

© 2023 UrbanRadioNation.com, All Rights Reserved

. Powered by Blogger.

Favorite Post Archives