Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News

Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News
Click Here for the New Website
.

.

September 8, 2009

T-Pain Slams D.O.A. Death to Autotune in Vegas; Jay-Z talks to Power 105.1 About It

In June, T-Pain had nothing but praise for the Jay-Z and appeared with him at Hot 97's 2009 Summer Jam at Giants Stadium... He tweeted:" 'D.O.A.' is the best song I've heard in a couple years."



Now T- Pain says "Jay-Z is 59 years old. I don't think he has the right to say what's good and what's not," (T-Pain said this at a club in Las Vegas) "I think if anything is dead, it should be him. ... To any Jay-Z fans out in the crowd, excuse the f--- outta me. But you don't see me saying 'rap is dead,' even though it is. 'Cause apparently all the rappers are trying to do T-Pain."

"You have to ask him. I have no idea," Jay explained to Ed Lover and Free on Power 105.1 about Pain's comments. "I said he brought it back, at the time, which was cool at the time. I didn't have a problem with it. I didn't have a problem with a couple of people doing it, but when a whole genre of music is doing it, then it's getting lame and it's not cool to me. ... I made it very clear I wasn't talking about him. ... 'D.O.A.' was just for the conversation whether you was for it or against it. Obviously some people felt that way. ... You have to have two sides to have an argument."

I wonder how Power 105 jocks feel about D.O.A. (Death to Autotune) anyway? Jay did say he made it for Hot 97, Flex and Mister Cee and not for Z-100 or any other New York radio station for that matter... Did Jay-Z really call Free a "LIGHTPOLE", wait a minute is that anything like a Glasspole?...Jay-Z also comments on his upcoming Oprah show appearance in Brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments to this post. You may comment anonymously.

Comments with links to other websites and with inappropriate language will not be published.



Please share this story on your social media pages. Thank you.


Click on Enter Comment to begin.

.
.
.


Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.

© 2023 UrbanRadioNation.com, All Rights Reserved

. Powered by Blogger.

Favorite Post Archives