Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News

Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News
Click Here for the New Website
.

.

August 8, 2013

The Audrey Chapman Show Has Ended on 96.3 WHUR

Last Call

96.3 FM WHUR has cancelled its Saturday morning call-in relationship show hosted by Audrey Chapman. No announcement about what program will take its place but a "best-of" show will air this Saturday according to the audreychapman.com website.

She said, "The show has meant so much to me providing you with mental health advice for over 25 years. I will miss listening to you and helping you with your personal challenges," she writes. "I will hope and pray that you will be guided by the many experts and the information that you've heard over those years."



A little more than a year ago the show was reduced to a one hour program on WHUR, while the second hour that previous aired on 96.3, was only heard on Sirius XM Channel H.U.R. Voices. The program was one of the most important and progressive talk shows on Urban radio and will be missed. 

If you don't know Audrey Chapman, she is a family therapist, author, trainer, and nationally-known relationship expert. She has developed a "tough love" approach to helping men and women develop loving, interdependent relationships, build communication, and take responsibility for their happiness. She has appeared on dozens of national and television programs, including Oprah, Phil Donahue, 20/20, Sally Jesse Raphael, Maury Povich, BET's Tavis Smiley Show, Good Morning America , NPR's Morning Edition, and many, many more; and has been featured in The Washington Post, Essence Magazine, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, Ebony, and others. Audrey is a therapist in private practice in Washington, D.C. and has authored several best-selling relationship books.


Here's a sample of The Audrey Chapman Show:



8 comments:

  1. Where can you hear Audrey??? she like family, no correction, she is family for ones mind,body and spirt. Why is whur has doing this??? I thought the programming reflect the community but just some of the community. I stop listing to the station and hope that other will also until we receive quality programming not such so much trash from this unviersity.so sad and very upset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lost without the Audrey Chapman show it has been my companion for 10+ years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey, your program was my Saturday morning ritual for more than 20 years. I have enjoyed your many great guests and all of the people who were kind enough to share their issues with us. It has been a great illuminator for me, raising my awareness and helping me deal with my personal issues and changing the way I "see". I want to thank you. You have been life changing for many. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really really sad. I kept tuning in week after week hoping she was back. I think WHUR at least owes its listeners some type of explanation. I no longer listen to the station on Saturday mornings. Audrey Chapman's show was the only reason I tuned in. SMH...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a HUGE shock & trememdous disappointment....WHUR you are losing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I listened to Audrey's show for years. Someone else mentioned a ritual, and yes, it was a ritual for me too. But, when the program went to a shorter format with the last hour being aired on cable radio, I stopped tuning in. It was extrememly annoying to get into the program only to be cut off and told to continue listening on Sirius. I didn't have Sirius and don't plan to subscribe. I called the WHUR program director to voice my concerns and he, along with the lady who answered the phone, were so very rude and didn't seem to care. I stopped listening to WHUR at that very moment even though I missed Audrey's advice, knowledge and comments. WHUR can do better to serve the community.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Audrey's advice and informative format helped me to weather the storms of life. I listened routinely for more than a decade and also recommended the show to many a friend or family member. With all that's going on in the world there is no worse time to take away a show of this format offering self help information-knew perspectives- emotional support for those unwilling to seek counseling. The Audrey Chapman Show will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Put her back on for two hours on regular radio.Much better than bleeping out every other word of some modern songs. The mind needs positive stimulation- at least sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments to this post. You may comment anonymously.

Comments with links to other websites and with inappropriate language will not be published.



Please share this story on your social media pages. Thank you.


Click on Enter Comment to begin.

.
.
.


Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.

© 2023 UrbanRadioNation.com, All Rights Reserved

. Powered by Blogger.

Favorite Post Archives