Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News

Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News
Click Here for the New Website
.

.

December 28, 2009

Keith Sweat lands "The Quiet Storm" Gig at WBLS

(CHOKE, CHOKE) ...wait, here's a glass of water... here take another sip

Singer/songwriter/producer and syndicated Urban AC host Keith Sweat will join the 107.5 WBLS lineup as host of Premiere Radio and Clear Channel's The Quiet Storm show, which will air from 7p-midnight. Sweat will continue to host The Keith Sweat Hotel, (7p.m.-12mid. ET) which is syndicated by Premiere Radio along with The Steve Harvey Morning Show also heard on WBLS.

"I couldn't be happier to be heard in my home town on the station I grew up listening to," Sweat said. "WBLS is the must-listen-to station for R&B fans in New York, and I want to thank them for this tremendous opportunity.”


"From the first time I put ‘Make It Last Forever’ on the turntable at my college radio station back in the mid-‘80s, I knew this man would have a lasting impact," WBLS OM/PD Skip Dillard stated. "From Harlem to the world, Keith Sweat is truly one of the best in R&B."

Source: All Access Music Group

Add your comments click here

Does one of the best in R&B make you a good let alone top-notch radio host? Which you expect to hear in NYC. First Nick Cannon, now Keith Sweat! This is a new low for New York radio. Never in my wildest dreams would I ever think Keith Sweat would make it on the air in New York City. I won't desecrate the memory of Percy Sutton, but I know for sure that Frankie Crocker is spinning in his grave. It makes me think that Clear Channel forced WBLS to take on Keith Sweat or lose Steve Harvey in the future. However I've come to the realization that at this point in time, the DJ or on-air personality is no longer necessary. Most listeners' memories of personality-driven Black radio have long since faded. So as long as Keith Sweat's breaks between songs are not too long and the computerized playlist is programmed correctly, most people won't mind who's behind the microphone as long as the music doesn't make them want to change the station. Meanwhile still no replacement for Wendy Williams on WBLS.

4 comments:

  1. The foolishness will be complete @ WBLS once Salt & Pepa sign their contract.

    Trust me. It's coming.

    PS- I will NEVER listen to traditional radio again. It's official.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First you get rid of Champaine & Vaughn Harper, now this. Pathetic. Why not bring back Champaine or Vaughn? Or give fill-in Dean Wright a shot, she would be outstanding! Radio is going down...hard & fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. radio has been down for many years now, it's just that some have finally awakened from the boogie to really notice it. I guess after peppy lays his father to rest he will again try to get the black caucus to stall votes that obama needs, this is where we are at today people. It's not about love for the listener it's about how u can fool them into buying into the mindless boogie that they tell u is today's hip hop r&b and classsssick soooul. While they continue to play in a system that fails them and u the listener under the guise that it's black owned so it's better than notin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Radio sucks right now, I am thoroughly disgusted. I will continue to listening to my ipod.

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments to this post. You may comment anonymously.

Comments with links to other websites and with inappropriate language will not be published.



Please share this story on your social media pages. Thank you.


Click on Enter Comment to begin.

.
.
.


Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.

© 2023 UrbanRadioNation.com, All Rights Reserved

. Powered by Blogger.

Favorite Post Archives