Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News

Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News
Click Here for the New Website
.

.

July 4, 2011

Tom Joyner Attacks Tavis Smiley and Cornel West: His New Word for Them is DONE!

Should Tom Joyner Apologize? One blogger thinks so...


-From The Fly Jock's Blog on Black America Web.com
My New D-Word for Tavis and Cornel...
...They say that if you’re angry with someone, you should write a letter, get all the mean stuff out, and then tear it up or delete it. When you’re a little more calm, you write another letter or confront the person face to face.

About a month ago, I wrote a blog about Tavis Smiley and decided to table it because I said some things I didn’t want to publish. You’re probably thinking I went too hard [on] him, but no. In reality, I hadn’t gone hard enough - and I knew it. I said I’d wait until something pissed me off so bad that I would have the words harsh enough to express what I was really feeling about him and his side piece - I mean side kick - Cornel West. Click here to read more



Dr. Boyce Watkins Reponds to: Tom Joyner’s Tasteless Assault on Tavis Smiley and Cornel West

-Now, I don’t know what hood you’re from, but in my city, referring to a man’s friend as his “side piece” is usually a reference to his sexuality. Whether Tom is trying to imply that the relationship between West and Smiley is more than meets the eye, I have no idea. But this kind of remark has no place in print during such a critical point in the history of black American political discourse.

I expect more from Tom Joyner, and I sincerely hope he has the maturity to issue an apology. Click here to read more

2 comments:

  1. So Joyner blames Smiley for what Halperin said? Not buying it. There are some hurt feelings there that need to be resolved off-mic/blog post and with a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this ain't about hurt feelings this about black folk having to walk in line with the same thought, that the HNIC's like joyner would want you his listener to walk with on his daily syndicated radio show for black folk, when black folk gonna stop selling each other for short out of fear for selling out? it's 2011 not 1911.

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments to this post. You may comment anonymously.

Comments with links to other websites and with inappropriate language will not be published.



Please share this story on your social media pages. Thank you.


Click on Enter Comment to begin.

.
.
.


Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.

© 2023 UrbanRadioNation.com, All Rights Reserved

. Powered by Blogger.

Favorite Post Archives