Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News

Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News
Click Here for the New Website
.

.

August 9, 2018

Donnie Simpson Announces His Memoir “Through These Eyes”

FROM Donnie Simpson and MyMajicDC 102.3/92.7: "Anyone who follows my posts regularly knows that I haven’t been posting much lately. It’s not because I have lost interest in social media, had a sex change operation, or got eaten by a shark. I’ve been busy writing the thing so many of you have been encouraging me to write…My Book.

I’ve been working on it daily with my ghostwriter, Ardre Orie. (I guess that means she’s no longer a ghost. We can send her cover to The White House now. I hear they’re running short on white sheets.) Sorry.

People have been telling me to tell my story since I was 19-years-old. I didn’t have much to say then and I have less to say now. But when you get older people do seem more willing to listen to the nonsense that drips from your lips, so I’m going for it.

I’m not going to bore you with what’s in the book. People pay 20 bucks for this level of boredom. I personally guarantee that you will set it down 100 times. But I guess that means you will have picked it up 100 times.

Ardre wanted to write this post for me and I can clearly see why. She sees my life and career as a fascinating journey, but THROUGH THESE EYES, I see a little boy from Detroit..."

Read the rest of the article at MyMajicDC.com

and see a book preview at DonnieSimpson.com

HERE'S THE OFFICIAL NEWS RELEASE:
‘Through These Eyes: An Iconic Memoir of Life, Love And The Man Behind The Music’ by Donnie Simpson On Sale: January 30, 2019

(WASHINGTON, D.C.) — NEWS: The Oracle Group International announces the publication of “THROUGH THESE EYES: An Iconic Memoir of Life, Love and The Man Behind The Music” (13th & Joan; Hardcover; On Sale: Jan. 30, 2019; $25.99; ISBN: 978-1732646469) by award-winning, influencer, humanitarian, and legend Donnie Simpson.

Through his highly anticipated memoir, Simpson chronicles the highs and lows of his extraordinary career which in 2019 will commemorate 50 years of entertaining listeners on Radio and Television.
“Through These Eyes” takes us back to where it all began, his beloved hometown of Detroit. Joining the staff at WJLB radio at 15 years old, affectionately dubbed, Donnie “The Love Bug” Simpson, quickly gained popularity with his sultry voice, warm smile, and piercing green eyes. Relocating after 15 years to Washington, D.C., he continued dominating ratings and captivating audiences, which led to his most memorable role in 1983 as the host of BET’s primetime music video show, Video Soul solidifying his role as a pop culture icon.

Image result for donnie simpson video soul

Over several decades, Donnie has interviewed the biggest stars in the world, including Stevie Wonder, Prince, Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, David Bowie, Janet Jackson, James Brown, Sting, Jay-Z, The Notorious B.I.G., Tupac, Madonna, Smokey Robinson, President Clinton, Tom Hanks, Barry White, and so many others. Donnie has been inducted into the BET Walk of Fame and the R&B Music Hall of Fame. The only non-musician honored at that point.

“I’m always labeled as trailblazer. To this day, so many artists talk about what it meant to sit on the couch with me, the effect that it had on their careers, and it’s a blessing to have been in that position,” says Simpson. “The most wonderful compliment I get is when people tell me they feel like they know me. They do know me; they know my spirit. I’m the same dude all the time. 24/7, always filled with hope and love, I’m Donnie. That’s my story.”


“Through These Eyes,” a publishing collaboration between Donnie Simpson Productions, The Oracle Group International, and 13th & Joan Publishing is available for pre-order at http://www.donniesimpson.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments to this post. You may comment anonymously.

Comments with links to other websites and with inappropriate language will not be published.



Please share this story on your social media pages. Thank you.


Click on Enter Comment to begin.

.
.
.


Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.

© 2023 UrbanRadioNation.com, All Rights Reserved

. Powered by Blogger.

Favorite Post Archives