Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News

Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News
Click Here for the New Website
.

.

September 13, 2021

Jamillah Muhummad, Radio Executive and Programmer Has Passed Away

Jamilah Muhammad considered to be one of the industry's most extraordinary programmers and executives in urban radio has transition over the weekend. She made her marked in several markets and stations including KJLH Los Angeles, WMXD Detroit, WPEG/WBAV Charlotte, WMMJ Washington, D.C., and WGCI/WVAZ in Chicago.

She reportedly died of colon cancer. 


We will update this story once more information is available.


Beautiful words from Frankie Darcell iHeartRadio On-Air Personality at 105.3 WDAS FM and Mix 92.3 WMXD via Instagram.

Her Smile. Today my heart sank yet again for the worlds loss of an incredible human being and women that happened to be a gifted radio programmer. I met and worked with Jam in Detroit @mix923fm as my Program Director. One of the most incredible visionaries of merging music, community events and promotions. When my daughter was a Girl Scout I could always count on Jam to help us meet our sales goals with her huge order of Thin Mints. She loved them. Under her direction I negotiate 2 of my best agreements with her support because she understood her success was contingent on the success of the station which meant the strength and strength and happiness of her on air talent and the goals she set. She never wavered in that support as a supervisor. But more importantly and what I know for sure was her steadfast unwavering faith in God beyond everything else was solid. So much that she programmed Gospel Music into our mainstream format all day Sunday and we celebrated the biggest ratings ever. I send Phallon and my sincerest condolences to her family and friends at the tough time. I’m saddened but I know she’s in Gods great hands. Rest my dear job well done.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments to this post. You may comment anonymously.

Comments with links to other websites and with inappropriate language will not be published.



Please share this story on your social media pages. Thank you.


Click on Enter Comment to begin.

.
.
.


Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.

© 2023 UrbanRadioNation.com, All Rights Reserved

. Powered by Blogger.

Favorite Post Archives