Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News

Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News
Click Here for the New Website
.

.

September 25, 2020

Freddy Mac Joins Q102 WKRQ in Cincinnati for Afternoons with Natalie Jones



Freddy Mac is added to afternoon show at Hot AC “Q102” WKRQ in Cincinnati, where he joins co-host Natalie Jones. Mac was previously midday host at “K92” WXLK Roanoke.

“We're very excited to bring Freddy’s authentic and upbeat personality to the Tri-State’s drive home,” said VP/Market manager Mike Frederick. “He and Natalie will be a great team!”


Here is their blog at Q102.



Freddy Mac tells cincinnati.com, “I saw the opening on a radio-job website and then applied. I hesitated at first because I saw WKRQ, and I thought, legendary call letters. In the radio-professional community, the name definitely rings out as one of the best stations in the country.


Mac says, "When I saw that job opening for afternoons, I couldn’t believe it, in the best way possible. The legacy amongst the radio community and obviously the community here in the area speaks volumes. “I just decided to give it a try. Shoot my shot, and throw my name in the hat, and probably a week or so later, I got a call from the program director here, Patti Marshall. "


"I was told when interviewing, that Marshall wasn’t looking for a DJ to just talk over songs and just talk about the music, per se," Mac says. "She was looking for someone to host and create content, so we have some free rein, both Natalie and I, to talk about different things, life, whatever’s going on. Get the community involved, get listeners involved, to call in and share their opinions or experiences on whatever it is we’re talking about, in between playing music, all your favorite songs on your drive home.”



1 comment:

Add your comments to this post. You may comment anonymously.

Comments with links to other websites and with inappropriate language will not be published.



Please share this story on your social media pages. Thank you.


Click on Enter Comment to begin.

.
.
.


Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.

© 2023 UrbanRadioNation.com, All Rights Reserved

. Powered by Blogger.

Favorite Post Archives