Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News

Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News
Click Here for the New Website
.

.

February 3, 2023

Megan Ryte Resigns as Midday Host on Hot 97

Hot 97 (WQHT-FM) midday personality Megan Ryte has stepped down from her position at the station. She is making the move to pursue TV/Film opportunities. Ryte has had a number of television appearances as an reporter/interviewer with Good Morning America over the last couple of years. Below she interviews Jazmine Sullivan.




In announcing her departure from Hot 97 Megan Ryte posted the following on Instagram: 

With growth comes change, and after 8 years it’s time for me to move on. ❤️ Today I resigned from @hot97 . NYC it’s been an honor being your voice for middays on Hot and lighting up these turntables. And it’s been an honor being apart of Hip Hop History. I’ve been a DJ for over half of my life and it has opened soooo many doors for me. I have done more than I ever imagined, I’m forever grateful, and I can not wait to share with you what I’m up to next! ☺️🌟💕 @djenuff i love you and thank you for being my family for life. Love and blessings to the entire team.

Ryte began her career as an actual mix DJ as an ambitious teenager spinning at parties in Hampton, Virginia. Soon after, she landed at Norfolk’s WOWI-103 Jamz, under the name DJ B*Ryte then continued at Miami’s WPOW-Power 96, West Palm Beach’s WMBX-X 102.3, DC’s WKYS 93.9, Philly’s Boom 103.9, and Houston’s KBXX-97.9 The Box.


No word from Hot 97 on who would be replacing Megan Ryte on the air, but DJ Enuff will most likely still be a part of the midday program.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments to this post. You may comment anonymously.

Comments with links to other websites and with inappropriate language will not be published.



Please share this story on your social media pages. Thank you.


Click on Enter Comment to begin.

.
.
.


Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.

© 2023 UrbanRadioNation.com, All Rights Reserved

. Powered by Blogger.

Favorite Post Archives