News and Entertainment Platform Covering Radio, Media, and Sports: Where Conversations Begin

The Breakdown: Trending Now in Media


Daily Radio•Media•Sports Video Playlist - Read Watch Connect ᚼᛒ

.

8.14.2026

LaDawn Black Transitions from Radio and Media Relations to TV on CBS Baltimore WJZ-TV



LaDawn Black, former radio personality on Baltimore's 92Q, Magic 95.9, and New York's 107.5 WBLS has fulfilled a career dream by transitioning to TV and in front of the camera. She's landed on the morning news team at CBS Baltimore WJZ-TV Channel 13 as a morning traffic reporter. Great move to a station in one of the Top 30 TV markets in the country. 




She writes on social media:

“A dream a long time in the making… 🎥🚦I’m incredibly excited to share that I’ve officially made my debut as a fill-in traffic reporter for WJZ!

Transitioning from radio to television has been a dream of mine for a long time. I’ve spent years behind a microphone connecting with audiences, telling stories and building a career in media — and now I get to challenge myself in a whole new way, in front of the camera. There are so many people who helped make this moment possible.

A HUGE thank you to Angela Foster for being an incredible trainer, mentor and cheerleader as I learn a craft she has mastered over many years in top markets. I’m grateful for your patience, encouragement and willingness to share what you know.

And, of course, to my three not-so-little loves — thank you for inspiring me to keep chasing dreams, taking chances and staying creative. I want you to always know that dreams have no limits or timelines. I’m learning. I’m growing. And I’m incredibly grateful for this next chapter.

Baltimore, I’m your new fill-in traffic reporter! 🚗📺See you on the morning news! ❤️”



This is not Black's first foray in television. She's been a frequent guest on many TV shows in and around the Baltimore and Washington, D.C. area and if you remember the syndicated "The Bill Cunningham Show," in the 2010's, she was a regular contributor on that program as well. Black is also a writer and editor at WTOP News Radio in Washington, D.C. She will also continue in her other areas of expertise in Media Relations, Public Affairs, and Communication Strategy. 


LaDawn Black recently had an intriguing radio conversation about her top rated show 92Q's The Love Zone and other topics with Quicksilva on his podcast "Who Is?" During her visit on the show Black had revealed a move to TV was about to happen, however at the time she didn't reveal all of the particulars-- now we know. 

 
 

 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments to this post. You may comment anonymously.

Comments with links to other websites and with inappropriate language will not be published.



Please share this story on your social media pages. Thank you.


Click on Enter Comment to begin.

.
.
.

Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.
© 2026 UrbanRadioNation, All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *







Urban Radio Nation is an online media platform that covers radio broadcasting, music, entertainment, sports media, and industry news. We publish articles about radio personalities, station format changes, sports broadcasters, media careers, and trends in urban-oriented radio and entertainment.