Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News

Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News
Click Here for the New Website
.

.

September 26, 2012

Chubb Rock Makes Life Changes After Death of Heavy D

Chubb Rock at the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion
(photo credit: Rance Elgin/BlackAmericaWeb.com)
Chubb Rock Reveals Life Threatening Diagnosis to Tom Joyner

World renowned DJ Chubb Rock was interviewed on the Tom Joyner Morning Show to promote Tom Joyner’s Take a Loved One to the Doctor Basement Party and reveled his wake up call from friends like Heavy D dying and his recent diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes.

Here is the Interview:


[AUDIO

Tom Joyner:
The “Chubbster”is going to be a part Doctor day! Thanks a lot Chubb Rock!

Chubb Rock:
It comes at a time for me that’s real crazy.

I’ve had a few friends that unfortunately passed away, you know my good friend Heavy D, and I said man it’s time for me to cut down some of this weight. I’m over 40 and I went and I lost 45 pounds.

Sybil:
Good for you! Congratulations!

Chubb Rock Continued:
But ain’t it a funny thing I go to the doctor and they hit me, this was just about 2 weeks ago now, and they hit me with the type 2 diabetes thing! I was like I lost 45 pounds and you hit me with this!

You know it’s one of those things it takes time for it to do it’s damage and it’s very important; had I gone to the doctor, you know men don’t like to go to the doctor and coming from that West Indian background the doctor is a voodoo name, if I would have just kept up with it better I could have maybe seen some of the warning signs and maybe this wouldn’t have happened.

Like I told a good friend of mine, my girl MC Lyte, when I told her what happened ‘I said I’m on my diet already I’m still on the diet, I’m feeling better and I’m gonna reverse this you know’… and then all of a sudden you guys come with the honor of trying to do this thing so I think it’s very important to take that family member to the doctor.

 Full audio from the interview can be found on BlackAmericaWeb.com - http://bit.ly/ShBdje

Here's more on this year's About Take A Loved One to the Doctor ® Event

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments to this post. You may comment anonymously.

Comments with links to other websites and with inappropriate language will not be published.



Please share this story on your social media pages. Thank you.


Click on Enter Comment to begin.

.
.
.


Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.

© 2023 UrbanRadioNation.com, All Rights Reserved

. Powered by Blogger.

Favorite Post Archives