Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News

Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News
Click Here for the New Website
.

.

December 18, 2017

Long time Philly Radio Personality "Lady B" Exits WRNB, Along with the Tom Joyner Morning Show


Radio One Philadelphia has parted ways with the syndicated Tom Joyner Morning Show and local afternoon host Wendy ‘Lady B’ Clark. They announced today that mornings will be hosted locally by Quincy Harris and D.L. Hughley’s syndicated show will take over afternoons. The new shows will begin on January 4, 2018.

Lady B has been in radio for 36 years and introduced Hip Hop to Philly listeners on the former Black AM heritage radio station 1340 AM WHAT around 1980. She moved over to Power 99 WUSL and hosted the ground breaking show "Street Beat." Before spending the last few years of her career at 100.3 WRNB, Lady B hosted the afternoon show on Sirius XM's Backspin Channel. She was one of the first female MC's to release a Hip Hop/rap record in 1979 ("To the Beat Y'all").


WRNB Thanks Tom Joyner for His Service. New Morning Show on the way to Philly!

Tom Joyner earlier this year announced that he would retire at the end of 2019


Related imageHowever instead of waiting for that "new host" scenario to play out, WRNB has decided to go local with its morning show by bringing local TV personality Quincy Harris. Formerly known as "Q-Deezy", Harris has worked at Radio One in the afternoons at Hot 107.9 (now Praise 107.9) and Power 99 WUSL with Wendy Williams and The Dream Team Morning Show. Quincy Harris also co-hosted on Big Boy's Neighborhood in Los Angeles. Now he will be doing double duty as he hosts "The Q", a local entertainment talk show that goes live at Noon in Philadelphia on the local FOX TV affiliate.

The TJMS recently lost the Atlanta market when Kiss 104.1 replaced Tom with a local show as well. This makes two major markets that will no longer hear the show following his retirement announcement. 

Lady B made the following statement about her exit on Facebook.

First, I want to thank all of you for your devotion and support. I am blessed to have had the opportunity to be able to do what I love to do while also making a difference in the community. I will miss my comrades at 100.3 and I will always have a place in my heart for them. 
Yes, as you probably have heard by now, your girl Lady B will no longer be on the air at 100.3fm. Rest assured family, this decision was beyond my control and I wish them all success, but the Lady B brand is going in another direction. We will ALWAYS be the “B” Nation #BPositive #BBeautiful#BAGoodNeighbor, #BVoting, #BBold #BAGoodParent.
And I will always be here for my community and will remain active on social media. Thank you all for your support and stay tuned for my next endeavor. Love you guys!


I am truly over whelmed by the outpouring of love and support from all of you, it is truly pulling at my heartstrings. I am blessed to have such a loyal radio family and it just goes to show, if you work for your community, your community will work for you. It’s good to know that my 36 years haven’t fallen on deaf ears. I want to thank you all. You have assured me that you feel the same way about me as I feel about you.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting


.
.
.


Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.

© 2023 UrbanRadioNation.com, All Rights Reserved

. Powered by Blogger.

Favorite Post Archives