Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News

Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News
Click Here for the New Website
.

.

December 1, 2008

Hosea Feed the Hungry and Homeless



T.I. and Young Jeezy, gave back to the community over the holiday by volunteering to serve Thanksgiving dinner to 22,000 folks at Turner Field. "It's a pleasure for me to help service those who are definitely in need of the service," T.I. (Clifford Joseph Harris Jr.) said at the event, which was organized by Hosea Feed the Hungry and Homeless.

T.I. gave the organization $100,000, which he had garnered the night before at a fund-raising event with V-103 Atlanta. Young Jeezy (Jay Jenkins) also is expected to make a donation. "I shouldn't be, but I'm amazed by their giving," said event co-director Elisabeth Omilami, daughter of the late civil rights leader Rev. Hosea Williams. "I've been doing this for 39 years, but I've never seen a year like this one in terms of donations."







Hosea Feed the Hungry and Homeless events also take place on Christmas Day and Easter each year and you can make a donation at Hosea Feed the Hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments to this post. You may comment anonymously.

Comments with links to other websites and with inappropriate language will not be published.



Please share this story on your social media pages. Thank you.


Click on Enter Comment to begin.

.
.
.


Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.

© 2023 UrbanRadioNation.com, All Rights Reserved

. Powered by Blogger.

Favorite Post Archives