Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News

Urban Radio Nation - Radio & Sports Media News
Click Here for the New Website
.

.

April 13, 2020

Mz Shyneka, K. Foxx, Jarard J, Among Radio One Layoffs Amid the Coronavirus Economic Downturn


Radio One has laid off or released a number of programming personnel and on-air personalities in various markets. Radio One has experienced significant advertising cancellations as has many other radio groups across the country due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

Here a list of some of the personnel that have been laid off over the past week:

Mz Shyneka (Richardson) announced on Instagram that she lost her job as afternoon host at Hot 107.9 in Atlanta. She was the solo host from 2 to 6 p.m. for nearly five years after previously teaming up with Emperor Searcy. Here is her Instagram post. A tearful Shyneka shared a recorded message from Ryan Cameron from four days ago. As we all know now, Ryan, the afternoon host at sister station Majic 107.5/97.5 is having a very serious medical challenge at this time.

"All I ever wanted was @doitfortheryan to say my name on the radio since I was a kid!! Welp since everyone knows I am not embarrassed or ashamed I am truly Ok! I have been doing radio my whole Adult life.
Thank u to all my Listeners, Family & Friends that watched & listened to me grow up!! Thank you Especially to Searcy,Ksly,Ms Veda ,Rickey Smiley, James Henderson, Jerry Smokin B. Anybody that ever helped me hired me or loved on me. I thank u all so much. @reecswiney @redddreadatl @djkashatl @jarard_j & Anyone else that has been affected by Covid 19 The Sun will Shine Again....God has the last Say!❤👑"


K. Foxx has been let go at 100.3 RNB (WRNB) in Philadelphia as midday host. She was also co-hosting the morning show with Quincy Harris until last November. She has not mention her status on social media, but she left a heart warming message on Instagram.

"This is a crazy time that we are living in now. Like UNIMAGINABLE, and I am thankful to have friends that uplift! One of my best friends @jalondam sent this to me today, and I wanted to share in case you need a positive boost 💕 #spreadlove #kfoxxshow"



Jarad J (Johnson) has exited Urban AC station Majic 107.5/97.5 (WAMJ) in Atlanta as night host.

"Welp, since its already out there and the media has gotten a hold of it, allow me to get ahead of it and confirm that YES it is true. “Nightschool” on Majic in Atlanta is officially closed, and i am a FREE AGENT. My last show was Monday evening, as i was made aware yesterday that due to the economic effects of Covid-19, my contract was terminated. I know you have questions and comments, so i will go live on IG tonight at 8:30pm EST and let’s talk about it. Just know one thing...i had a GREAT time along the last year and a half with you every evening. And I’m so thankful for you being there and making the show as successful as it was. It means the world to me."




Updated from original post Reec Swiney, the night host at Hot 107.9 exited the station. He posted the following on social media platforms:

Bitter sweet day. Happy to see some of my colleagues get a shot to do some amazing things. Mixed emotions about giving something every part of me and still being cut out. Realizing the only way to get up, I mean all the way up, is to get knocked down, for the Pheonix can never rise, if there are no ashes. Chapter 1 was a 13 year over night success story. I’m thinking Chapter 2 is gonna be an even wilder ride, but I’m ready 🤞🏾🙏🏽 💯
Family over everything / giving is greater than taking. That’s the motto #LOVE

Read more: HOT 107.9 ATLANTA MOVES ERIN RAE TO MIDDAYS & J-NICKS TO AFTERNOONS


Konan at 92Q (WERQ) in Baltimore is no longer doing the midday, "The Ko Show" with Persia Nicole. His last on air appearance was on April 4. This was his last post on social media that made reference to his 92Q show. Tune in to @92qjamsbmore @persianicole myself @iamkonan11 keep you and your family safe.. We got cha!! #baltimore #coronavirus



In St. Louis, “Hot 104” WHHL midday personality Meghan O’Donnell and afternoon co-host “Miss Pooh” (Ge’Nella McCrary) exit. At urban AC sister station 95.5 The Lou WFUN-FM afternoon hosts DJ Kut and Ms. Sinita both have exit the station.

DJ Kut posted on Instagram: To all of my friends, listeners, supporters and co-workers: today was my last day on air at 95.5. I am humbled and grateful for the long run that I had and I thank you all for an amazing experience! I've got some exciting things in the works that I look forward to sharing with you all soon. Take care and stay safe!


Top 40 Format Director Dustin Kross, who programmed the only two Top 40 formatted stations under Radio One, has been released as PD of RadioNow 100.9 (WNOW) in Indianapolis and RadioNow 92.1 (KROI) in Houston. Also out are WNOW & KROI night hosts Mallory Moreno and Amir Diamond.

Radio One Dallas VP/Programming and Operations Marc McCray has been furloughed.

Jerry Smith, the Program Director of urban gospel "The Light" WNNL Raleigh (103.9) has been laid off. Smith also served as Inspirational Content Director for Radio One’s gospel stations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments to this post. You may comment anonymously.

Comments with links to other websites and with inappropriate language will not be published.



Please share this story on your social media pages. Thank you.


Click on Enter Comment to begin.

.
.
.


Thanks for reading this post. Add your comments below.

© 2023 UrbanRadioNation.com, All Rights Reserved

. Powered by Blogger.

Favorite Post Archives